Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Vacations There and Back Again

It's nice to get away but it's so much nicer to come home. Thank God we are home. I wasn't sure if that was going to be a reality at one point while I stood at the Casper Airport Delta ticket counter. I originally had planned to come home on Wednesday, July 3rd while my husband due to work issues would return home on Monday, July 1st. However, I had finished my vacation. I was done. I missed home. I missed my dog, Jack. And I was tired of living in hotels. So, I called Delta to change my reservation from Wednesday to Monday, to coincide with my hubby's return and so that we could sit together. The customer service person who "helped" me on the telephone was of no help at all. Come to find out, after I received confirmation, I was booked on entirely different flights returning to Florida.

So, Sunday night, we drove to Casper, WY from Buffalo to spend yet our final night in a hotel so that we'd be close to the airport and didn't have to drive at 2:30 am to get there. The airport was 110 miles plus from Buffalo, WY where we were visiting family.

We dropped our rental off (boy did it need a bath!) and headed for the Delta ticket counter. Little did the unsuspecting ticket agent realize that when he asked if he could help me what kind of situation I was going to give him.

He clicked away at his terminal. Clicked some more. And some more. Not saying a word for twenty minutes. My hubby and I looked at each other wondering if we were getting helped at all. Then the ticket agent stepped away and asked for additional help. Came back and clicked some more and some more and some more. I was so anxious by then, I had to ask him if he was making any progress and if he could tell me what he was doing. He replied that he was booking me on my hubby's flight and had to make the changes so that we could sit together.

Sheesh. Was that so difficult to communicate while we stood their waiting?

Finally. Finally after a good forty minutes at the Delta counter, little Codee the ticket agent, worked his magic and pulled it off. He got me on my hubby's flights and we had adjacent seats. Yay! Go Codee.

So, we flew from Casper, WY to Salt Lake City, UT, to Minneapolis, MN to Tampa, FL. A long way around the states to get home, but we did. And were we so happy when we finally pulled into our driveway. The cab driver was a sweetheart and helped us carry our luggage to the house in the pouring rain.

That was yesterday. Today, I slept in. In my own bed. In my own room. Cuddled to my own pillows. Then, I made the trip to Bailey's vet to pick him up from boarding. He chirped and purred and tweeted his hello's and showed me with kisses how happy he was to see me.

Getting him settled at home was easy and before I knew it, it was time to pick up Jack. The doctors had to draw some blood this morning, so I couldn't pick him up until the afternoon. He need a blood panel and thyroid tests done, as well as a urinalysis. Seems there might be some issues. We'll get the results tomorrow.

When they brought him from the back to me up front he was so excited and I was so happy to see him I don't know who was happier. He jumped into my arms and we hugged it out. I was covered in white fur. I was so worried about him being away from us for so long. He did have a bit of "cage nose" where he rubbed it on his kennel. It should heal quickly.

What awaits me tomorrow? Piles of dirty laundry. And going through all the hundreds and hundreds of pictures we took. We'll have to make a website for them. So much work. I hope you enjoyed the photos I did post while we were away. I hope we didn't bore you too much.

I don't even care about the laundry or website work. I'm just so glad to be home.


Student Mommy said...

hahaha. We got back from a couple of days away and I'm ready to go off again.

Vicki M. Taylor said...

I'm still getting settled in at home. Going through the huge pile of mail. Paying bills. Filing paperwork. Reviewing and filing receipts from the trip. Whew! Lotsa work.

The Dose of Reality said...

The laundry after being away is just THE WORST!! Oh my Gosh, it is never ending...I feel just like you when we return home...I need several days for re-entry! ;)

Vicki M. Taylor said...

I don't even remember how many loads of laundry I did yesterday. But I put in the last load this morning. Whew !! Was there ever a pile and a half! Two weeks for 2 people is a lot of clothes.