I got up early, took my 8 mile walk, and reflected on my blessings over the last year.
I have so much to be grateful for this year like:
* having 3 wonderful children to love and support their choices in life
* being out of the hospital
* celebrating in Hawaii 10 years married to my husband
* enjoying the birth of my granddaughter
* discovering that the tumor in my son-in-law's brain was benign
* being with my grandson to celebrate his 2nd birthday
* the men and women who protect our borders here and across the world
* celebrating my 47th birthday
* getting the motivation back to write again
* finding and reconnecting with a dear friend after 15 years
* the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in 1st place
* we survived another hurricane season
* and for all my online friends who hold a special place in my heart.
What are you grateful for this year?
This is a great gratitude post, Vicki! Inspiring. We have something in common. My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in Hawaii late this year/early next, too. We're going to the Big Island to swim with the dolphins. I'm getting excited! Nothing puts life in better perspective than counting our blessings.
I am grateful for everyday I wake up and hear the birds chirping outside our bedroom window. That tells me I can "hear." I am grateful to see the sun shinining through the window. That reminds me I can see.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who loves me unconditionally--in spite of me (sometimes) and my daughter and grandson who make me appreciate what small contribution I am able to make in this great big world!
I am thankful for the wonderful friendships I have both on and offline.
I am thankful to God who is the source of my strength.
I am thankful for the right mind and good health to say thanks.
Thankful for Christ in my life.
Thankful for my hubby.
Thankful for my mom, still alive and with me.
Thankful for the strength to help her and still be sane.
Thankful for unexpected help for advice and wisdom.
Thankful to know how to blog.
Thankful for your asking this question.
I could go on and on.
What a great list! I rejoice in the news that the tumor was benign. I missed that news somewhere.
I am thankful for family, friends, church, health, and:
healthy body to dance and move
new home for daugher and son-in-law
new love interest for daughter #3
God's love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness
Great post, Vicki. At a seminar I took a while back, I was taught to end the day by writing down 10 things I was grateful for that day in my gratitude journal. So here's my list for today.
1. I finally convinced my husband that we need 2 computers - one for each of us.
2. It snowed today and it's so pretty outside now.
3. I fed the last of the leftover turkey to the dogs. It's all gone!
4. It's a boy! (My daughter emailed me a copy of the ultrasound she had done Friday and you can certainly tell!)
5. All of my Diva sisters.
6. Dearl and I did not have to go anywhere today. We spent the entire day just puttering around the house together.
7. The Christmas lights were turned on tonight. I love the lights.
8. I can play my Christmas music now and no one will think I'm strange. I also love Christmas music.
9. The beautiful blue bird that came to my feeder this morning. It was so blue it was almost electric blue. I've never seen one like it before.
10. Bob seems a little stronger today. He actually chased one of the cats.
Sounds lovely. Glad you have so much to be thankful for! I could include a list, but I think it would be pretty long, which is not a bad thing. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment